Virender Sehwag walks the ramp at Kolkata Fashion Week

Thursday, September 10, 2009
It was a different innings for cricketer Virender Sehwag who played on a new turf here, much to the delight of his fans.

It was the Kolkata Fashion Week-II and not a cricket stadium that sizzled as Sehwag walked down the ramp last night.

Dressed in an elegant ivory sherwani, Sehwag, currently recuperating from a shoulder injury, virtually caught the eyeballs as he sashayed the ramp in designer Rocky S creation.

“Sehwag was perfectly chilled out in the attire. He was happy about what he was wearing. He fitted into the suit perfectly,” Rocky told reporters late last night after the show.

On chosing a cricketer as a showstopper, Rocky said “everyone know me for Bollywood. They wear my creation and also walk the ramp for me. But this time, I chose Sehwag as sports is also very important in India”.

Talking about his new collection, the designer said “this time, I focussed on colour and textile-based comfort oriented fashion wear. I tried to keep my collection very light so that it becomes more wearable.

“I used silk, hand-woven fabric mainly adopted from Benaras and linen in my collection. I made this collection, specially keeping in mind the culture of Kolkata where hand-woven and colourful textiles are popular among people.”

Praising Kolkata’s fashion scenario, he said this is the perfect time for him to launch his collection in the city despite recession.

------------Advertisement------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment