Ranbir-Konkona had sex after the film: Ayan Mukerji

Sunday, October 11, 2009
Director Ayan Mukerji's debut film Wake Up Sid has clicked big time with the multiplex audience. We quiz the director about his film and whether he would have done things differently.

Did you expect the good reviews?

Honestly I didn't expect terrible reviews. I was very confident of it before starting the film. But once I finished Wake Up Sid, I just didn't have the space to figure out the reviews. So yes, I am happy but more than that I am very relieved. The relief comes out of the fact that I can make my next film.

But you weren't scared of Do Knot Disturb?

No

But what do you think clicked with the viewers?

You know I haven't watched Wake Up Sid in the theaters. I was shit scared. See Wake Up Sid has no story as such. So going by what I have heard, I think it's the honesty with which Ranbir played Sid – that worked. But personally I am just so damn tired, I haven't analysed the film.

Are you detached from the film?

Completely. I haven't allowed myself to be overly ecstatic about the success. I think everyone goes through their highs and lows and all filmmakers have their share of good and bad films. If I keep obsessing over Wake Up Sid's success, I will keep repeating my self in the future.

Would you do anything differently?

Lots of things. I wish the first half was wittier, breezier and funnier.

Did you purposely go in for a small canvas, despite Karan Johar's backing?

I think if I had gone in for a lavish approach the soul would have got lost. But nothing was deliberate. I just highlighted on a slice of life, in the way I wanted to.
------------Advertisement------------

0 comments:

Post a Comment